Washburn High School
Class of 1959
"Time of Remembrance"
WHS '59 - 60th Class Reunion
June 20 through June 22, 2019
Greetings friends of many decades, actually several score!
Your faithful local WHS'59 graduates have prepared terrific lineup for our 60th, and possibly last,
spectacular multi-day Reunion event. The Reunion dates are June 20-22, 2019. Some of the
specifics are as follows:
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL ACTIVITES ARE OPEN TO
CLASSMATES, SPOUSES, CAREGIVERS, PALS, ETC.
We intend to follow the successful format of the fabulous fiftieth and fifty-fifth events:
- Thursday, June 20,2019 -- Golf Scramble, Thursday, June 20,2019 at Crystal Lake Golf Course, 16725 Innsbrook Drive, Lakeville, MN. Starting at 9:00 a.m. $56.00 per person. Organized by Chris Makres,
Clayt Schirmer, Jay Thompson, John Marsolis, Bill Karnes
- Friday, June 21, 2019 -- Lyceum, Memorial Service and Class Meeting at Washburn High School (first floor, handicap access). The Lyceum contains many any interesting subjects and a Remembrance of departed classmates. Lyceum Presenters include: Five classrooms, all on the first floor and with audio-visual capability will be available to use, as well as the auditorium for our Remembrance Program. A box lunch will be provided at no charge. For more information on the subjects to be discussed during the Lyceum Click Here,.
- Roger Anderson - A political scientist runs for congress.
- Stan Bormann - World Travel photography.
- George Christoferson - Playing with diatoms for fun and profit.
- Chris Foster Meloni - Growing up in Mussolini's Italy.
- John Kennedy - Indian Affairs (or possibly) Ancestry.
- Nancy Langer - Wild animal photography on location.
- Howard Thorsheim - Aging meaningfully and successfully.
- Kim O'Connell - The Weight of Memories.
- Nancy Langer - Nature Adventures.
- Jay O'Shea - Seating for Seniors.
See the topics/bios that was included in the invitation mailing sent to you this spring.
We are expecting there may be a few others who will give tentative commitments. If you had an interest or unusual career or have a specialty skill, you have something to share with us. Please contact George Christoferson, Lyceum chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 763-291-4509 if you should like to participate as a presenter or as a room monitor/host for one session to introduce the presenter and keep an eye on the time. 30 minutes per session.
- Friday evening, June 21, 2019 -- Social Evening - Classmates, Spouses and Caregivers all welcome. 5:30 to 9:00 p.m. Poor Richard's Commonhouse, 8301 Normandale Blvd., Bloomington, MN. Hors d'oeuvres, music from
our era, remembrances, open microphone, cash bar. $12.50 per person.
- Saturday, June 22, 2019 -- Bus tours: History of Minneapolis and Minneapolis Fine Arts, 8:30a.m. to 1:00p.m. Tours leaving from the Washburn High School 49th Street parking lot. Busses and all stops on both tours will be handicap accessible. $25.00 per person. For more information on the Bus Tours
- Saturday evening June 22, 2019 -- Lost Spur Supper Club, 2750 Sibley Memorial Highway, Eagan, MN, 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Dinner, dancing, open mike, reminiscences and cash bar. Dinner choices: Chicken, Walleye,
Beef or Vegetarian Meal. $35.00 per person.
We have lined up several presenters for the Lyceum including Roger Anderson, Howard Thorsheime, Nancy Langer, and
Chris Foster Meloni. Five classrooms, all on the first floor and with audio-visual capability will be available
to use, as well as the auditorium for our Remembrance Program by John Kennedy and Bill Wangensteen.
Please respond to us if you are interested in being a presenter at the Lyceum. This is your opportunity to
present, share your experiences, read your poetry, show your watercolors or photographs.
In any case, we need to hear from you regarding this reunion. Send us your ideas and
recommendations. Fill out the information sheet that was sent to you or email us for a
copy of the information sheet. Don't forget your 2018 class dues, still only $25.00.
The Reunion Committee for the future will be Nancy Hallman Pinzka, Chair; Lorna Plowman Best, Correspondence;
George Christoferson, Treasurer, and the following committee members: Jenneane Kunitz Anderson, Dick Bergman,
Bonnie Nordstrom Frane, Peter Landmark, Mary Mammen, Paul Neuville, Larry Rennerfeldt, Jim Rummel, Jim Rustad,
Rolf Svendsen, Kay Thomas, Bill Wangensteen.
The Reunion committee really appreciates everyone who contributes to the success of reunion 60.
We need all the photos of the Reunion that will be available.
For information on how and where to send your photos
after to 60th Reunion Party is over
WHS Class of 1959 Reunion Committee
Copyright © 2019 World Wide Web Foundry, LLC. All rights reserved.
Problems With This Website